Pages

Monday 7 October 2013

Thanksgiving: because a ‘Thank you’ was due!





Thank you!  Thank you!! Thank you!!!
That is all I wanted to say,
And, thought of expressing the same,
In my own creative way.

So,I’m writing a poem for your delight,
Bringing a few memories back to the lime light;
I’m arranging passed moments from my hindsight,
And I hope the scattered jigsaws will be set right.

Over phone,
You sounded confident with your scintillating voice,
And helped me in making my college choice;
But when I reached here,I didn’t find you,
And a ‘Thank you’ is what was due!

I played badminton after quite a long time,
And, we managed the shuttle between the parallel line(s);
I was encouraged to see an ‘active’ you,
And a ‘Thank you’ is what was due!

You always greeted in a pleasing style,
Your jovial appearance and the beautiful smile;
I was spellbound by the warmth shown by you,
And a ‘Thank you’ is what was due!

Just in an year’s spell,
You decoded this institute quite well;
How the people,the place and the system functions,
You shared a lot about the links and the junctions;
I was overwhelmed to see an ‘analyst’ in you,
And a ‘Thank you’ is what was due!

The tips you shared were worth following,
I did try a few and it added to the zing;
The secret of library basement is actually known to a few,
And for sharing it,
a ‘Thank you’ is what was due!

When the EPL team owner inquired,
and an instant answer I required,
I could not think of a negotiable reply,
Then you came for my rescue like an ally;
I was moved to see a 'friend' in you,
And a ‘Thank you’ is what was due!

 The Pink Puma Bag is an element of attraction,
 As it spreads in the air that feminine fraction,
 I was thrilled to see the bag with you,
And a ‘Thank you’ is what was due! 

Well…
Some instances might have been left unquoted,
But, the beautiful ones have been well noted;
I hope to express my gratitude in future too,
And let ‘the Thank you’ be left: as a due!!!


#Thanksgiving: written for a dear friend on her birthday to express my gratitude.
# Actual 'Thanksgiving': Fourth Thursday in November in the United States; second Monday in October in Canada; commemorates a feast held in 1621 by the Pilgrims and the Wampanoag 
(As per Oxford English dictionary)

 

1 comment:

Opinions please.....